रविवार, 8 अक्तूबर 2017

Trust

Today I came across a conversation which compelled me to think how breach of trust has been perpetrated in the society by various elements and how is it affecting our day to day lives.

I was talking with a teacher of Central School, IIT Kharagpur. I wanted to start Sri Sri Sankar Kendra activities in the school. What she told me was shocking to me. She said, "even if your intention is noble and the principal has a high regard for IIT students he may reject your proposal"
I asked on what basis she is saying this. She told me, " The recent event at Ryan International School has perpetrated a shiver to school administrators and any principal will think n number of times to allow activities and people other than the scheduled by the School Committee. CBSE has sent 5 notices till now to each school and has warned against any such possibilities. It has made decision makers risk averge."

Yesterday, I was reading an article - corporate rules for happy life. I was shocked to see, "Trust nobody." as the first line of suggestions!

I was watching a talk of Captain Raghu Raman on Terrorism a few days back. What he revealed was amazing and far beyond any one's conscious thinking. A gory act of slitting the throat of a person by ISIS has far more effect on people's mind than the death of our security forces on daily basis combatting terrorists.

During my undergrad days, I conducted an experiment which I repeated at IIT Kgp as well. I wanted to assess the amount and frequency of loss when I trust that a person can't cheat my belongings.
I kept my singlet room door without locking it. Can you guess how many times I get cheated?
Zero.
Yes, can you believe?
No, because we have been asked to doubt on people around us from childhood. In a controlled boundary setup like an organization or a college, it makes the administrators' work easy and ensure accountability.

I wonder if I can't trust few people in my hostel for my belongings what kind of society are we living in. The how can you ensure a student to trust his teacher, an employee to trust his employer, a citizen to trust his nation. Mistrust is a dangerous poison whose effects are far-reaching than we can think.
Let us not lose our trust in our friends because one of them cheated you.
Let us not lose our trust in our teachers because one boy got killed in that school in their vigilance.
Let us not lose our trust in our caretakers, servants because one of them stole money from your house.
Let us not lose our trust in our doctors because one of them sold kidneys of their patients.
Let us not lose our trust in our bureaucrats because one of them asked bribe from us.
Let us not lose our trust in politicians because one of them looted the country.
Let us not lose our trust in ourselves because once a time you cheated yourself.
Look beyond that 'one of them', 'once a time'.
There lie the people who have trust in humanity, integrity, love, hard work and just need one gesture of your affection and trust to open before you, serve you in all the capacity they have.


कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें

interesting